Decorate With Old Game Boards

How cute is this idea?!

Put those old game boards to good use and add a new fun look to a room. A game room or kids room would look fabulous with old game boards on the wall.

Game rooms often get forgotten when we decorate. You do not want to spend a lot of money on them so this would be a cheap decorating idea that would still look great.

If your families are like ours you will have some laying around the house somewhere. Over the years game pieces get lost and game boxes get broken. Every time we move we still bring partial games with us. I always figured that the missing pieces would show up somewhere and I hate wasting things. Now we have tons of partial games in the closet and I do not want to throw them away.

All that is needed is some velcro strips. You can attach the velcro strips to the wall and the back of the game boards and your decorating is done. How simple is that? I would recommend tracing them on the wall with pencil first to see how it will look first. Then you can have a great looking arrangement.

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

8 Responses to “Decorate With Old Game Boards”

1. Shelly says:

Ooh. I really like that idea. I just found 2 really cute fairy puzzles with sparkles in them and assembled them and glued and framed them for my daughter’s room.

2. dawn says:

I love this idea …
    Depending on the game board, it could work in several different rooms.
    Cool-

3. Roxanne says:

I was just looking at a bunch of old games with boards and missing pieces wondering what to do with them. Then I came across your blog.

THANKS for the great idea!!

Roxanne

4. Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" says:

What a cool decorating idea! I really like this but our games are all intact! We were just always very careful to put everything away as soon as we were done with it. I would like to share this idea though on my Friday “Things I Learned” post at http://www.zemeks.blogspot.com with a link back here if it’s okay with you. I will also bookmark it.

5. Melissa Erickson says:

Karen,

Yes, feel free to share it. I am glad you like the idea.

6. Kristie says:

What a neat way to use those game boards that have lost pieces.

Thanks for sharing this idea
    Kristie

7. Scott and Glenda says:

This is a very cool and unique idea. We have a ton of these old board games, we are going to put them up in the kids play room, I think that would make a very cool theme for the room, and it leaves the color scheme pretty much wide open. Thanks for the tip.

If you get a chance check out my blog at
    For Your Protection

8. Wiggy says:

Thats a brilliant idea! Might try and find some of the old-school games I used to play as a kid

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More