It is time to start getting ready for Christmas! These cute and wonderfully smelling ornaments are a great addition to holiday crafting and decorating. They are simple to make and kids love them. They also add a great homemade touch to gifts if you use one or two to decorate a wrapped present.
FRAGRANT CINNAMON ORNAMENTS
You will need:
3 cups ground cinnamon
3 cups applesauce
*Optional: puff paints
- Mix ingredients together.
- Knead dough in hands for several minutes until a ball is formed.
- Dust work space lightly with additional cinnamon.
- Roll dough 1/8″-1/4″ thick with a rolling pin. Cut dough into a variety of shapes using cookie cutters. Suggestions: gingerbread men, hearts, stars, Christmas trees, bells, wreaths, etc.
- Poke hole through top of dough using a straw or toothpick for hanging later.
- Air dry for several days, turning twice a day until completely dry. They can also be baked in a 225 degree oven until dry.
- Decorate with paint if desired and allow to dry before hanging.
- Hang from fancy ribbon or cording.