Spring really is here. Everything is turning green and flowers are in bloom. It is so beautiful outside. The kids want to spend time outside so it is time for an outside craft. Why not have fun making your own chalk? They can have fun and be creative.
I do not think kids ever get too old for chalk. Even my 13 year old has fun drawing with chalk on the driveway. It also gives me some free time to enjoy the outdoors too. They stay busy having fun so I do not have the constant interruptions.
YOU WILL NEED
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Plaster of Paris
- 2 Tbsp. Tempera paint
- Toilet paper tubes with duct tape over one end
- Combine and stir together. Let stand a few minutes.
- Place tubes on cookie sheet lined with foil or wax paper.
- Pour mixture into holders and let stand until semi-firm.
- Remove holders and let dry completely.
*Ready to use in 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
(Reminder, never pour plaster down sink).